Friday, July 27, 2012

You're Not Lazy, You're Pregnant

Letter to a Pregnant Friend:

As for the feeling lazy around the house, I found I just had to embrace it.  It's still hard when I feel like D is doing more than I am around the house, but you have to remind yourself:  He's Not Making A Human Being.  Lay down and let your body work, know that it's working so much harder than it ever has, than O's ever will, and that you need to honor that.  If it makes you feel better, tell O what you're thinking, "I know I didn't get to those dishes, but I really need to lay down right now, I feel like garbage", but the most important thing is that you appreciate how hard your body is working, and count it as work.  If you don't appreciate the work you're doing by making a person, no one will.

No comments:

Post a Comment